Here at Wedding Sense we’ve got some big news: Wedding Sense is going completely digital!
We have enjoyed producing a quality magazine for the last 8 months and have been proud to promote Shropshire businesses, putting thousands of copies in front of brides and grooms visiting wedding fares and couples across Shropshire who are planning their big day. However, we have been talking to our previous advertisers, as well as our readers, and we feel that focussing our magazine on the digital side is a much better way for our advertisers to reach brides and for our readers to enjoy our content.
We have many developments in the pipeline; if you’ve kept an eye on our website over the past few months you will have noticed some pretty big changes. We will be continuing to grow the website and directory, as well as adding a specific directory for wedding fayres. We will be publishing more content online; from in depth editorial and blog posts to tutorials and Pinterest boards, as well as involving local businesses like yourselves in contributing to the site and promoting your business. There will be more competitions to engage our audience and more real weddings, one of our most popular features.
It will allow us and the wedding businesses of Shropshire and beyond who work with us to reach a larger number of brides directly and more effectively, with our online audience constantly growing far beyond our physical readership, and with statistics showing that native advertising in sponsored blog/website content and social media achieves much higher engagement and leads to higher sales for the advertiser than traditional display advertising.
This does mean however, that we will be discontinuing the print magazine, as we move completely online. If you would like to join us in our journey on to our digital platforms then we are currently offering three membership packages for wedding businesses:
Directory Package – £20
- A yearly listing on our directory which includes social media and website links, your business information and four photos of your choice.
Features Package – £50
- A yearly directory listing outlined above
- Access to the backend of our site where you can upload blogs relating to your business and the wedding industry which will be credited to you and link to your directory listing, appearing on the front page and in vairous categories on a rotational basis. (The blogs can be about anything, a favourite picture you may have from a wedding, a photoshoot you’ve completed recently, advice on planning a wedding, or a new item you’ve added to your stock).
Lifetime Package – £100
- Lifetime membership to the directory with the directory listing mentioned above.
- Access to the backend of our site where you can upload blogs relating to your business and the wedding industry – these will be credited to you, linking back to your site and will appear on the front page and in various categories on a rotational basis. (The blogs can be about anything, a favourite picture you may have from a wedding, a photoshoot you’ve completed recently, advice on planning a wedding, or a new item you’ve added to your stock).
- A feature on the home page as a featured supplier with a link to your directory listing.
- Regular social media posts to our followers regarding your business, blog posts and any offers you may have.
- Your offers and promotions featured in our offers feed (coming soon to our site!) and also sent out to the brides on our mailing list.
Moving completely online will allow us to create a more engaged audience, giving them access to more content along with strategically placed native advertising, all where they spend most of their time reading: online and on social media.
We understand this news may be disappointing, however we are excited for what the future has in store for Wedding Sense and we’d love for you to come along with us in our next step, so if you’re excited to then drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and welcome aboard!